Our 3-year-olds are becoming independent students and our teachers are focused on readying them for our Georgia Pre-K program. The students in these classes are potty trained, don’t wear diapers or pull-ups (unless parent requested for naps). They are familiar with the alphabet, numbers 1-10, and use 2-4 word sentences to communicate their needs. With the natural curiosity of a three year old, it is important to create meaningful and engaging investigations and learning activities, using discovery to develop each student’s abilities and reach objectives that will allow them to be successful in a classroom environment.
• Daily schedule posted inside and outside the room
• Weekly Lesson Plans posted
• Personal cubbies for extra clothes, towels, blankets and bags
• Assigned cot or mat with sheet washed weekly
• All Learning Domains of the Ascend Curriculum taught daily
• All Learning Objectives tracked, documented, and assessed
• Computer Lab available at some centers with daily lessons.
• Rooms Organized for familiarization with Georgia Pre-K standards
• Rooms set up to support learning with a different topic every month
– Language and Literacy areas with books purchased monthly to support new topic
– Science Area with real and found items to support monthly topic
– Dramatic Play area
– Math and Manipulative table
– Art and Crafts from Creative Expression posted and updated
• 2 Outdoor Physical Development times per day, weather permitting
• Swim Lessons available during summer months (additional rate applies)
• Front Line Sanitation Program
– All contact surfaces and toys sanitized 3 times per day
– Hand Washing, Dental Health, Hygiene and Self-Help skills taught daily
• Electronic daily sheets, with instant feedback (learning activities, meal information, toilet training and memorable moments) and pictures sent to parents throughout from the teacher’s tablet, straight to the parent’s inbox.